7 Months, A Good Bath, and Two Sleeping Babies!

We've had a fun few weeks around here....and some VERY LONG days! Last week we started our summer program at school. It's only three days a week (Tuesday-Thursday) so that is nice, but the week before I wanted to begin my cleaning projects by organizing closets. There was no school that week so Andrew and Madelyn were with me and what good little helpers they were! Andrew drug furnature from classroom to classroom and by Thursday he ended up in what I would like to call "highchair jail" because I was spending an extra hour just cleaning up his mess. Madelyn had a double ear infection (which I didn't discover until Friday) which explains why she would scream anytime I would walk away and never took a nap! Needless to say, I was thrilled for school to start! We did have a great time playing and Andrew actually was a big help...some of the time!
Madelyn has been eating like crazy lately! She is loving the veggies, but is picky about the fruit!
This is what Andrew will do if you do or say something he doesn't like. In this case, he didn't like that I was going to take his picture!

Both asleep...at the same time...and before 7:30! We had to capture this moment!
Miss Madelyn turned 7 months old on the 13th! Here are some things she is doing...
* Sitting up on her own
* Eating solids 3 times a day
* Staying asleep all night! (from about 7:00-7:00)
* Very expressive and interactive with everyone
* Loves to listen to music

* Is quite the talker! Says "dadada" as of last week
* Enjoys jumping in the jumparoo
* Is trying very had to clap her hands
* Still thinks Andrew is #1
*Is now weighing 16 pounds
* Has had her second ear infection and second round of anitbiotics :(
* Reaches for the person that she wants
* Has her two bottom teeth
* Drools like crazy....approx. 8 bibs per day and 3 clothes changes
* Is getting hair! And it is dark!
* Has really long eyelashes (just noticed that today)
* Is ready to crawl! She will scoot on her tummy and push with her arms
* Refuses to nap unless she is in her carseat
* Enjoys most toys...Andrew could have cared less
* Is very content and will play by herself
* Gets frusterated when she cannot get what she is after
* Enjoys the remote and the phone. She puts the phone up to her ear (don't know if this is a coincidence or not...)
* Jumps up and down on your lap over and over and over and over....
* Knows that her name is Madelyn!
* Laughs out loud when things are funny!
* Does not enjoy getting her toes bitten by Andrew
* Is wearing 6-9 month clothes
* She is a LONG girl! Don't know how long, but her dresses get pretty short!
* Is wearing size 3 diapers
* Is a very happy girl!
The other night I informed Andrew that he needed a bath. He did not agree at the time, so I ran the baths for both kiddos and got Madelyn taken care of. She had a total hunger melt-down and so I fed her and while I was feeding her Jason came home and said he would give Andrew his bath. I told him that Andrew was playing with his tools in his room. He came back and asked if I was sure about that. I went to check and this is what I saw!
He was trying to help me out I am sure!

We are headed out on vacation this week! I am thrilled. I think we all need a vacation! California here we come!

1 comment:

HeltonTexas said...

Amy, we live a double life except I don't work. so, I want to escape to your professional life and you prob want to stay home and not do the grind....
at any rate, 2 kids is more than twice the work and we will live to tell about it and maybe even miss it. I love the pic of A in the drawer and the bath. And I love the pic of M with the 'HUH?' expression with her 2 teeth showing. tooooooooooooo cute!