It has been so cold up here the last few days. We got home Sunday and it had snowed about 3 inches at our house, then it snowed again Sunday night. School has been out all week due to hazardous road conditions. As a teacher, I love snow days! As a stay-at-home-mom on maternity leave, not so much!
Reason #1- I have several organization projects that I want to get done that can't be done with Andrew running around, as he is also out of school!
Reason #2- I will have to make up these days at the end of the year when I go back to work. Reason #3- I've got a 7 week old baby who gets up for feedings 2-3 times between 10 pm and 9 am so sleeping in is not an option.
Reason #4- I can't go anywhere. It's just too cold. I had to go to my 6 week check up on Tuesday and Andrew was out of school so he had to go. So I had Andrew in a long sleeved tee, a hooded sweatshirt, his heavy coat, and uggs. Madelyn was in a long sleeved onesie, a sweater one piece suit, and 3 blankets (in the heavy baby carseat). I had on a sweatshirt and my heavy coat. Oh, and the diaper bag with all the equiptment for 2 kids. I think all the gear and kiddo's totaled about 80 pounds- and it was all necessary for our survival in the cold. So, it is just too cold to get out comfortably, especially with two kiddos!
The news said that the weather should warm up after the weekend- into the 30's and maybe the 40's. I sure hope so, because we are getting a little stir-crazy around here!
2 comments:
Oh, my! I feel for you. Stay warm.
Wow, that trip to the doctor sounds exhausting! Wore me out thinking about it. Hope you somehow find a way to get those projects done.
Post a Comment