Harvest, Horns, and Halloween

We had our Harvest Parties at school on Thursday and Friday. We did a parade in the morning and then the party in the afternoon. Andrew was a Razorback football player and Madelyn was Minnie Mouse on Thursday and a Razorback cheerleader on Friday. Andrew enjoyed getting to eat plenty of candy and cupcakes! Madelyn went to all the class parties with me, as I took pictures, and enjoyed getting to crawl around and play with the older kids. The babies didn't do a party, because they are too little!
Madelyn wasn't a very happy Minnie Mouse! She was hungry.
Andrew as a football player!
Madelyn enjoying the party with Andrew.
Madelyn enjoying a cupcake!
I tried to get a picture of the two of them together on Friday, but Madelyn would not stay still! She kept crawling away!
This was the best I could do!
She was a busy little cheerleader! She couldn't even keep her shirt tucked in!

Andrew enjoyed his snacks!
Madelyn joined the party and enjoyed her snacks too!

On Friday afternoon, we headed out to Western Oklahoma for Jason's Grandma Horn's 90th Birthday party. We had a great time with his cousins and their kids. This was the first time I had met them and the first time that Jason had seen them in at least 10 years. Grandma has 11 great grandchildren and they all played and had a great time together! After the party we all went to dinner together and then dressed the kids up for Halloween (all except mine, their costumes were filthy- they wore their Halloween shirts) and went to a carnival. On Sunday, Jason's cousin preached and we had a big Sunday lunch with ribs, baked beans, and corn! It was a great trip and we cannot wait until our next visit!
Madelyn was all dressed up for the party!
Grandma Horn and her great grandchildren

The younger kids were all dressed up for Halloween- minus Andrew, he was running all over the yard!

Very blurry, but he was moving fast!

We got home on Sunday evening in time to change and go to the fall festival at church. Madelyn was much happier! She looked so cute in her Minnie dress! Andrew's costume was dirty, but I didn't have time to wash it. I decided that he was just an "authentic" football player! He played alot of games, ate a lot of candy, and had a great time. After we got home, I decided to let him trick-or-treat down our street. He thought it was great to just ring the doorbell and the people would give him candy. He would say "I want candy" when they would answer. I told him that was not what you say. So he said, "I want candy, please." Oh well, maybe next year he'll say trick-or-treat!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at all your fun activities. The pictures were darling!

HeltonTexas said...

i LOVE your kids' costumes! So precious!!!