For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
6 Month Checkup and Ear Infections
Madelyn had her 6 month checkup on Friday. She weighs 14 lbs. and 13 ozs. I have a feeling that her next checkup she will be quite a bit bigger with the way she has been eating! Her head is a very normal 42 cm. I think that Andrew's head was that big at month 2! He's always off the charts with his big head- I'm sure he's just extra smart! She is 25 1/2 inches long. We also discovered that Madelyn has her first ear infection. I was really surprised, because she hadn't acted like anything was bothering her. She is on antibiotics and I'm supposed to take her back next week to recheck her ears. Funny story, I'm supposed to take them both in actually to get their ears rechecked (A had one last Monday) I made the appointment and wrote it down on my calendar for TODAY. I showed up and went to check in and they had no record of the appointment. I was about to get upset, when she informed me that the apppointment is in fact NEXT Tuesday. I'll have to say, that's the first time I've been early for something in a long time! I guess this can make up for my usual late pattern! Ha! Madelyn got both of her bottom teeth last Thursday and has been miserable ever since. Tylenol has become her good friend (but only once a day if she is really fussy). This is her after her appointment, she doesn't look like she's got an ear infection!
We went to Conway this weekend for a shower for one of my closest friends. We've known each other since elementary school and she is one of those people who you catch right up with immedetly, no matter how much time has passed. We drove down Saturday and had plenty of time for Andrew to check out all the tractors and go for a ride on the Rhino.
Deep concentration!
Andrew riding with his Daddy and his Great Grandfather, Don.
I turned my back for one minute and my mother was feeding Madelyn mashed potatoes from KFC. I was not pleased!
But, she loved them and wanted more and kept on grabbing for the spoon. So, I let her enjoy! What harm could that do anyway? Madelyn had a fabulous time at the shower on Sunday. She stayed for the whole two hours and everyone just loved her. She was so friendly and smiled and talked to everyone! We just passed her around! I actually got to help Lauren with her gifts and not worry about what she was doing (my mom was there to help out too). It was really nice! Andrew spent some quality time with his Grandad and Daddy riding the Mule around their neighborhood- until the rainstorm came. It was a good visit! It was so nice to get to see people that I hadn't seen in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey amy, I sent a gift to the shower that I wondered if it made it in time.... Probably impossible for you to remember.... Did you see any Pampered Chef?
Little M is getting so big! And Andrew onthe tractor is too too cute!!!
I didn't get in on the opening action at the very beginning, so I didn't see all the gifts...there were a TON (you know how the Conway showers are!). Just because I didn't see doesn't mean it didn't make it!
Little Madelyn is getting big. She is very CUTE! Did you know our husbands work together???????
Post a Comment