We've had a very happy Easter at our house this year! Andrew did a lot of egg hunting, although he is a very pokey egg hunter. My hope is that Madelyn will be the competitive one! This year we went to the Tri-Delt alumni Easter egg hunt at the Tri-Delt house. This was Andrew's first egg hunt. I made the mistake of not having "egg hunt boot camp" prior to all the egg hunts, because Andrew didn't understand that he couldn't just take his time, because the eggs were being gathered by many other kids. Oh well, he still enjoyed himself and didn't need that much candy anyway! On the way to the egg hunt I asked him what he thought would be in his eggs and his reply was "sausage and biscuits."

Putting the first egg in his basket

Getting eggs from the flowers

I think it's impossible to get a picture where both kids are looking at the camera!

On the way home I heard him say "Uh-oh Mommy, Andrew make mess." I didn't think much about it and couldn't really look back. I discovered this chocolate covered boy when we got home!

This is the Easter Dolphin from the Tri-Delt house. Andrew is absolutely TERRIFIED of this dolphin! He saw it from far away and started screaming, "no bunny get Andrew." He thought it was the Easter bunny. I explained to him that it was a dolphin with bunny ears, thinking this might change his mind. He then repeated over and over "no dolphin bunny get Andrew." The only good that came out of this is now when Andrew won't mind, we'll tell him that we will call the dolphin and he immediately changes his behavior.
On Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt at our church. Andrew was excited about getting to hunt eggs again. There were many things to do there, the bouncy house, face painting, drawing with chalk. We saw a lot of our friends from church, school, and MOPS there. It was a great time! There was also an Easter bunny there, but once he realized that it was just our music pastor in there he wasn't so scared. He still wouldn't touch the bunny and stayed about 10 feet away, but he did wave at him!

Getting his face painted

Madelyn was enjoying the festivities

He had to check and see what was inside every egg before putting them in his basket

Picking up an egg- very slowly. I really don't think I've ever seen the boy move so slow!

He loved his bunny basket!

Putting eggs in the basket

Jason and Madelyn relaxed in the sun while Andrew and I played

Blowing bubbles with Ms. Carol. Andrew can't really blow the bubbles. He kind of sucks them into his mouth and there is a whole lot of spit!

An artist at work!
Saturday night we geared up to dye Easter eggs. I sat Madelyn on the table so she could participate, but she was a little fussy. We put her to bed!

Andrew dropped all the tablets into the cups and watched them fizz. This year we remembered the vinegar, because last year we forgot and all the eggs turned out pink!

Patiently waiting to drop in his egg. He did not drop them in gently! Almost all our eggs were cracked because he used such force!

It only looks like he is being careful!

While he was waiting, he realized that he could peel the shell of the hard boiled egg. He worked diligently to peel the shell off of his egg.

Hard at work.

Then he gobbled up the egg!

Here are our beautiful colored eggs! Minus the one that Andrew ate!

The Easter bunny came to see Andrew and Madelyn! He brought them some treats in their Easter basket.
This is what we woke up to Sunday morning. A certain golden retriever got hungry in the middle of the night and ate all of our Easter eggs!

This is what was left. Two of those eggs were but back in the carton that I found in her bed!

Andrew checking out his Easter goodies. On the way home from chuch he said "Santa brought Andrew bubbles." I had to tell him that it was the Easter Bunny!

Enjoying the treats from the Easter Bunny.

Miss Madelyn was all dressed up for church!

A family picture before leaving for church. We had a wonderful service today. Our choir put on a musical with excellent songs! Our pastor gave an uplifting message. I taught Sunday School and did a lesson with the resurrection eggs- which are awesome for kids! Then, we decorated cookies, because that's just lots of fun to do!

Our church has a baby parade every Easter

Andrew and Madelyn were all dressed up for egg hunting after lunch, but they both passed out before we got to do it again!

We had a really great time this year for Easter!
*On a side note: If you noticed that I looked much tanner from the picture at the tri-delt egg hunt to Sunday it is because I did the Mystic Tan (if you didn't notice, that's ok!). Anyway, the very young girl who was showing me how it worked-as I had never done it before-had never heard of the episode of Friends where Ross got the Mystic tan and didn't turn correctly and ended up very brown! Who hasn't seen that? Apparently, high school girls. It made me feel old. That's the first time I have ever felt old!
5 comments:
Loved reading your blog! You have had a very interesting Easter. I can't believe Gracie ate all those beautiful eggs! That was so funny.
So cute! Love your pics.
I wish I would have known about the Tridelt egg hunt! Remind me next year!
BTW you look amazing- you have had two kids and are tiny... share your secrets. HA
Christy
WOW, egg-travaganza FOR SURE!
How fun. and how adorable are your kids??? SO CUTE!
I cracked up about your dog eating the eggs. Maybe he doesn't believe in hunting them, just prefers counter surfing.
I 2nd Christy - you look AMAZING! always have...
Cute pictures. I would be scared of the Easter dolphin too! haha! The tubes made a huge difference with Sarah Kate. Her balance was off too.
So cute! I can't believe how much our little girl has grown!! I hope next year we can join you all at the Tri-Delt hunt! I was obviously a little busy this year having Parker but next year we will be there and hopefully the boys can play!
Post a Comment