For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
Madelyn's Snowy Day Dedication
Today we had Madelyn's dedication at our church. We had been planning this for a little over a month and were totally shocked by all the snow! Jason's mom came up Friday to avoid the weather, but my family waited until Sunday to make the trip. It ended up being a very long trip! My mom and dad, grandmother and grandfather, aunt, and great aunt and uncle all came up and braved the blizzard! Thankfully, the all made it right as we were preparing to go up. Our Pastor called this morning and I told him that we were still coming and planning to do it as long as he would be there. He said he'd be ready. It was a great service and very special to have everyone there. We had lunch afterwards at our house. I actually made food (and so did mom, Leanne, and Mere) and decorated and tried to make the day very special for Madelyn. It was absolutely perfect! We really appreciated our family for braving the weather and being a part of her dedication. It is so important to Jason and I that we raise our children the way that God wants us to and we are so thankful and honored to have family members that support us and love us and want to help us be Godly parents. It was funny, last night as we were feeding Madelyn, Jason and I were talking and I was concerned that my family might not be there and we started talking about people within our church who support us and that they would be there even if the rest of our family was not. Of all the people that were at church today (and there were few due to the weather) most of the people that we named were there and that made the day even more special. Here are some pictures from Madelyn's special day!
Sweet Madelyn with her enormous bow! Her name means Magnificent. I think that it fits her perfectly!
Sweet girl fell asleep when we got to church. She wanted to rest up before her big debut!
An attempt at a family picture. We took several and on several cameras, these are the ones that I have.
Here is the spread from lunch today. It turned out perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was a great day and I loved your church. I'm so thankful you have that support and your heart to raise Andrew and Madelyn in the love of the Lord. You have such precious children, and you and Jason are great parents. We're all so proud of you. Love, LeAnne
P.S. The food was great, too and Larry really loved his "doggy bag" for dinner last night
Post a Comment