We had a fun "how-er-ween," as Andrew says, this year! On Friday he dressed up for school and stayed in his "pumpin" costume all day! He loves his costume! Friday afternoon, I picked him up and we headed to Jason's office for their trick-or-treating.
On Saturday afternoon, we decided it was time to carve our pumpkin. All Andrew has been saying since the pumpkin patch trip...in September...is "Daddy cut pumpin." So he was really excited when his daddy got a knife and carved a face in our pumpkin.
He would pull out the pumpkin goo and say "ewww"
Cheese!
What to do now?
Andrew was a little bit tired before we got started!
But he quickly perked up after eating a piece of chocolate cake...and then mine while I wasn't looking!
Playing games, oh yeah, the Hog had to come too.
Choosing a sucker from the tree
Digging in the styrofoam was lots of fun. He didn't care that there was candy buried in there, he just enjoyed throwing styrofoam all over the place!
Tossing the balls was another fun game!
Back home! I wasn't a good mom, I didn't take him trick-or-treating, because my feet were swollen and I was not going to do any walking. I also was not going to let him go without me to capture it all on camera, so we didn't go. He did enjoy answering the door, although everytime it rang he yelled "pizza!"
Saturday night we headed to our church for the Fall Festival. It was a good time!
**The truth behind the costume. Ok- I had good intentions of getting Andrew the adorable pumpkin costume from Pottery Barn Kids (to match his treat bag), but I waited to late and all the 2T-3T costumes were sold out. I was very disappointed. So, I waited until the last minute and Jason and I headed to Target on Thursday night (along with all the other procrastinators!) and looked for a costume. I looked and looked and all that were left were tacky costumes and none that were his size. Sooo, finally I came upon the perfect pumpkin costume. It was plush with a smiling pumpkin face and I picked it up and realized...it was for a dog. I couldn't let my child wear a dog costume, so I kept looking. After being ran into by everyone in the costume aisle, I decided that my child could in fact wear a dog's costume. So, seven dollars later I realized that this was in fact the best purchase I had made in a long time. Not only was it super cheap, but it was the easiest thing to get him into and out of. It velcros around his neck and back and fits perfectly! So, next year, I recommend skipping out on traditional costumes and heading to your local Pet Smart to purchase your toddlers costume! I plan to go early to get a good pick! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment