Andrew's First Birthday!






Andrew's first birthday party was a perfect day! We had a jungle safari party at our house. We ended up with about 40 guests to celebrate with us. Andrew enjoyed having everyone at our house. His favorite part of the day was eating his cake. He started out just putting his fingers in it, but then he realized what it was and started eating handfuls of cake. When that wasn't working well enough, he just stuck his face in it. I finally had to take it away from him! He liked opening his presents. He especially enjoyed the boxes and tissue paper (as most one year olds do). He got a lot of fun things. His special things are his car, his restaurant (not kitchen-restaurant), his Old McDonald book, and his Razorback football. Jason grilled burgers for the party. This was not his best grilling day. The first few were a little pink....OK you could still hear them moo!! He did put them back on the grill and fix them and the rest of the burgers were excellent! It was just the most perfect day. It was everything I imagined the day to be. I felt like after the start we had with Andrew that we needed to celebrate. We celebrated that Andrew is a happy, healthy one year old. We celebrated that we, as parents, had survived this first year. And we celebrated with all of the people that helped get us through the year. We couldn't have done it without them.

3 comments:

Molly Bittle Puryear said...

I'm so proud your blogging! It's looking great!

Patrice said...

Love the blog.

Andrew is the cutest, sweetest baby ever! And, I'm not saying that just because I'm his grandmother.

He is truly an amazing little boy.

Nana said...

Amy Great job. I am truly blessed I have the "Greatest" grandson, a beautiful daughter-in-law beautiful inside and out - and the best son in the whole world. God has truly blessed us this past year with the most wonderful, beautiful, strong, amazing, healthy
"ANDREW".