It's been six years...

...and I still haven't properly displayed our wedding pictures. Until now! I have had a few wedding pictures displayed, but there were so many that I liked and wanted to do something special with, but I just couldn't find the right way to do it. I am re-doing our bedroom (along with every other room in this house :)! I sold our furniture (and we are sleeping on a mattress until the new stuff comes in) because I wanted something that took up less space. I always felt like our room was too crowded. We had our dresser on the wall in our bedroom between the windows, but I don't want the dresser to go there this time. So, I started googling ideas for what to do with this wall. It's not a big space, but I couldn't decide what to hang there. I was going to do some sort of photo collage, but I have them all over my house and I wanted this one to look more unique. So this is what I did...

I bought 9 cheap ($4.00) frames from Wal-Mart. (Have I mentioned that I am trying to be crafty, but not spend a fortune on it?) These two pics got out of order! I ran out of tape and used band-aids to attach the pictures!

I had mats cut at Hobby Lobby for the frames, some vertical and some horizontal.

Oh, I am using my t-shirt quilt as a bedspread for our mattress...it makes me feel young again!

I arranged the frames how I wanted it to look when it was on the wall.

I found these command picture hanging strips at HL and used them. They worked great!

These were the most expensive part of the project!

I started by hanging the first frame in the center of the wall and then just lining the rest along with it. Kind of like a puzzle!

Ta-da! The finished product! I am in love with this!

A better shot! It took me about 30 minutes to do the whole project. Easy and inexpensive!

Another view. Our room is blue and brown, so that is why I choose the blue mats. I like the way they look. I tend to do black and white for everything, so I wanted to add some color!

No comments: