The Gift That Keeps On Giving

We had a very good Christmas with our families this year, but we each received an early Christmas gift from an unwelcome visitor...the stomach bug.  I am pretty sure that the source of the bug was Andrew.  He had been sick the week before Christmas with a hodgepodge of things, stomach bug, cold, ear ache, and pink eye.  My mom came up on Thursday of that week to make gingerbread houses with him and went home Friday and got sick Sunday night.  My dad and sister got sick on Tuesday, followed by Jason on Wednesday, his mom had been visiting and got it Wednesday night when she got home to OKC.  I thought that I had narrowly escaped the virus, because I was the caregiver for two children and a sick husband.  I stayed up until 2 am Wednesday night cleaning and making cookie dough for Andrew and I to make Christmas cookies the next day and preparing for my family to come to our house and Santa to make his debut with gifts for the kiddos.  Well, about 4:30 am I got sick too.  I was sick all of Christmas Eve- couldn't even get out of bed sick.  Jason took the kids to church by himself!  I felt better Christmas morning, thank goodness, so I was able to enjoy Andrew's smiling face.  Come to find out later that day, my great uncle, and two second cousins came down with the virus Christmas Eve (they had been at my parent's house for Emily's b-day celebration the 23rd).  Just when we thought that the virus had circulated through enough of our family members, my  grandmother got it today.  It truly is the gift that keeps on giving!

By the way, I have a ton of Christmas pictures, but the kids and I decided to stay in Conway for the week and then we're headed to the Liberty Bowl, so once we get home (where the camera cord is) I will post plenty of Christmas pictures.  

No comments: