Cornstarch + Water = MESS

It all started with Daddy letting Andrew help him mix the flour, salt, and pepper in the bowl to make Chicken Marsala. Andrew was happily helping his Daddy with the whisk when he stuck his freshly bathed hand in the bowl. He pulled it out and much to his surprise it was white!
" What is this stuff?" he wondered. All of a sudden his Mommy got a great idea! "I know," she said, "I'll mix cornstarch with water and let him play with that." Cornstarch and water make a weird textured mixture. You can lay it on waxed paper and it will look runny, but you can touch it with your hands and it isn't wet.
"Oh wow!" thought Andrew, "this stuff feels funny."

"I think I like this. Yay!"

"I wonder how it will feel on my feet?"

"All done! Time to clean up!"
Footnotes: One and a half year olds cannot keep the cornstarch and water mixture on JUST the waxed paper. Do not do this AFTER a bath, you will be taking another one when you're done. The good news is- cornstarch and water are non-toxic so they can eat as much as they want. Also, a damp cloth will wipe all handprints off major appliances as well as walls and furniture. Mopping removes all cornstarch from tile. Keep mixture away from carpet!!
Directions (for those brave enough to attempt!): Mix two parts cornstarch with one part water. Stir until smooth. Pour onto waxed paper and enjoy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! You are an amazing Mom.

HeltonTexas said...

YOU are BRAVE!!!

Meredith Woodruff said...

Hey Amy,

Thanks for commenting on our blog. I clicked through to your blog and you are right, we have a TON of mutual friends. I can't believe we have never met before. We will have to get together with Chris and Victoria some time. Andrew is precious!!!

-Meredith